About Mile High SHRM
Mile High SHRM (MH-SHRM, formerly CHRA) is the organization of business leaders and professionals with the expertise and knowledge in human resources. We are the voice of HR in the broader Denver metro area, and our members influence business decision-making locally, nationally and internationally.
Founded in 1938 to meet the needs of human resource professionals in the metropolitan Denver area, MH-SHRM has grown to 1,100 members, representing corporations of all sizes and service providers of all types.
MH-SHRM delivers terrific value to members through:
- Professional development in Monthly Member Programs, conferences, seminars, and Professional Development Groups (PDGs) focused on key issues and disciplines
- Networking at social and professional development events, as well as outside formal events using our member directory
- Skill development through volunteer leadership and committee work
- Access to current, topical information through our newsletter, The Advisor, our Web site and other evolving resources
- Certification study groups
- Job postings and career resources
MH-SHRM is a proud chapter of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), the leading voice of the profession in the world. With more than 200,000 members, SHRM and its affiliates and member chapters are an influential force in legislative affairs, corporate practice and education. SHRM's website is www.shrm.org.
As the Metro Denver Chapter of SHRM, MH-SHRM is also your portal to the SHRM Colorado State Council (COSHRM), the body composed of the six local chapters across Colorado. COSHRM holds a statewide human resources conference bi-annually, conducts Colorado's Best Places to Work contest and provides extensive support to both the loacal chapters and their members. COSHRM's websit is www.coshrm.org.
The HR Certification Institute develops and delivers credentialing programs to validate mastery in the field of human resource management and to promote organizational effectiveness. MH-SHRM offers extensive opportunities for human resource professionals to prepare for the certification exams and to earn Continuing Education Units (CEU). You can learn more about the HR Certification Institute and professional certification at www.hrci.org.